- General lameness,
- Unreasonable fear with loquacity.
- Left supra-orbital pain,
- Muscular weakness and vesiculo-pruriginous eruptions
- Micturation troubles.
- It is moderately effective in improving cognition in dementia patients
- In memory enhancement: Ginkgo is mainly used as memory and concentration enhancer, and anti-vertigo agent. Ginkgo can significantly improve attention in healthy individuals
- Improvement in blood flow (including micro circulation in small capillaries) to most tissues and organs;
- Protection against oxidative cell damage from free radicals;
- Blockage of many of the effects of platelet-activating factor (platelet aggregation, blood clotting)that have been related to the development of a number of cardiovascular, renal, respiratory and central nervous system disorders.
- Effective in treatment of mild to moderate cerebrovascular insufficiency effects of peripheral arterial occlusive diseases.
- Cerebrovascular insufficiency, i.e., insufficient blood flow to the brain, may manifest itself as such memory deficit, disturbed concentration or headaches.
- Peripheral arterial occlusive diseases are those in which the blood flow to the smaller arteries are restricted and may include claudication, i.e., painful walking, and Raynaud's disease, a condition in which the extremities such as fingers, toes, nose or ears, feel numb and cold.
A straight, sparsely branched, usually slender tree up to 24 m high.Two types of branches present viz. long branch and short spur, long branches grow rapidly, about 0.5 m in a year, but a spur grows only 2-3 cm in length in several years, a spur with its leaves scar and scale leaf scars and with half a dozen leaves coming out from top almost at the same level recalls the cycad trunk. Sometimes a spur even after reaching an age of 5-10 years grows out into a long slender shoot with wildy scattered leaves instead of producing a crown of leaves.
3-5 in cluster, long shoot leaves fan-shaped, bi-lobed, divided at summit with thickened margin, leaves on spur shoot have only wavy margins without deep lobbing, venation of leaves dichotomous.
Dioecious. Male catkins slender, stalked, slender microsporophyll is surmounted by a hump and bears 2 pendent microsporangia. Female strobili with long stalks,bore in a large number of spur shoots, each stalk on peduncle bears 2 ovules, of which one aborts early.
a drupe,consisting of an acrid foul smelling pulp surrounding a smooth, angular, oval, cream coloured, thin shelled, kerneled seed.
America, China and Japan, very rarely found in India.
Fresh leaves (during spring)
Petioles gradually widen into leaves. Leaves are of two types viz.
- on long shoots usually deeply bi-lobed,incision reaching almost up to midrib,
- on spur
shoot having wavy margins and without deep clefts.
Leaves glabrous, with no midrib, venation regularly dichotomous, prominent on both the surfaces, upper surface slightly darker than lower. Odour and taste faintly pecliar.
The lamina tissue is almost uniform throughout the leaf.Palisade not well marked in leaves of spur shoots, while in leaves of long shoots, specially in large leaves, it is leaves defined. Large, conspicuous mucilage cavities surrounded by well marked epithelia cell are present, 1-5 um in length. Cells containing large calcium oxalate crystals and tannineferous contents frequently present, Stomate present on abaxial surface and are slightly sunken. In petiole two strands are exarch, protoxylen elements are spirally thickened. A few cells above protophloem are present in a sheath of thick walled cells.
- proved by Maury, E.A.,1933,Julian,O,A,Mat Med. of New Hom.Remidies, 1984, 122;
PreparationMother Tincture; Drug strength 1/10
- Ginkgo biloba in coarse powder 100 g
- Purified Water 400 ml
- Strong Alcohol 635 ml
- Search by Origin China
- Product Code: Ginkgo
- Availability: 15 - 20 Days